Cabot Year Six

Sharing the writing of Cabot Year Six with the world. Please leave a comment and let us know what you think!

Diary of Sports Day by Safa

on February 25, 2017

Dear diary,

Today was the most horrible day of my life: especially for my best friend Maya. It was sports day. I dreaded that day. I wish that sports day didn’t exist. It was always at the end of July.

To begin with, Mr Jones marched us down to the school’s pride and joy- the new school field. You didn’t see but that field was ginormous. I looked at Maya. I could see by the expression on her face that she was a nervous wreck. It was a wet, dreary day; my clothes were sodden and I had goose bumps up and down my arms. In front of me stood Maya. Her teeth were chattering and her legs were shaking out of control. I absolutely hated seeing my best friend like this.

Suddenly, Mr Jones shot me and Maya a deadly glare. “This is the track around which you will be running!” Barked Mr Jones, saliva shooting out of his mouth like bullets. “You’ll run 5 laps around the track, sprinting on the last lap for the finish.” Just when he finished his sentence, I heard panting. I turned to Maya. She looked as if she was going to faint. “Don’t worry. Don’t let that horrible ogre scare you!” I whispered, trying to calm her down. “We shouldn’t be out here. It’s too cold and wet,” complained Maya, shivering like crazy. At that very moment, I felt a tingling sensation on my back. I turned around. Mr Jones was watching us like a hawk. He tutted under his breath. Still staring at us, he whipped out the starting pistol from his pocket. For a moment, I thought that he was going to shoot us! He was treating us like soldiers and he was the General.

Bang! The silence was pierced by the loud sound of the starting pistol. Through the dreary rain, i could just make out the finish line. My heart skipped a beat. The finish line seemed as if it was miles away. I suddenly felt pain in my chest. Then I realised that I was holding my breath. Luckily, Maya was alright and she was way ahead of me. Rain and sweat cascaded down my back.

Finally, I was on the last lap. I sprinted like my life depended on this race. In the end, I came ninth place but I didn’t mind. Maya collapsed at the end of the race; she was tired. She was dragged to her feet by me and some of her other friends.

The rest of the day we did:

• Javelin,
  • Discuss,
  • Long jump,
  • Hammer throw,
  • Tug of war,
  • Egg and spoon race.

See you tomorrow!.

2 Responses to “Diary of Sports Day by Safa”

1. Debby Ryan says:

Well done safa this is an amazing piece of writing. I believe that you could be a famous writer. I wish you the best of luck

2. yearsixi says:

thx Debby Ryan